Monday, September 27, 2010

"The Tasty 23"

"The Tasty 23":
For a school project we had to create an outfit out of recyclable materials. Then there was a big fashion show to show off our work! I worked with my friend Kelsey.
Our product list:
1: Dr. Pepper cans and tabs
2: Dr. Pepper boxes
3: Big white slip things
4: Staples and thread




Making some progress!

Kelsey was kind enough to model the dress too. She did a great job!

I made this headband out of poptabs and ribbon

Poptab earrings!

Kelsey strutting her stuff! There were over 800 people there!

And.... We WON!!!!! There were 4 prize categories: Most Green, Most Wearable, Most Innovative, and Best of Show. We won Most Green! We were really excited! Yes that is a gold shoe with dirt and pine cones and stuff as my trophy...

After the show!

Kelsey got a bouquet made out of tissue paper and these cool paper roses.
We had a great time working on this assignment! Oh yeah, we named it "The Tasty 23" because of the 23 flavors in Dr. Pepper!

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome dress!! I love the headband and earrings too!! And congrats on winning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! I am very impressed. Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOO for the winners!! :) That was such a great idea! :) good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome. I am very proud of you! What a cool idea, I would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning! I love the headband! What class was this for?

    ReplyDelete